all others are number two or lower.
(props if you know what movie that's from)
So, remember all that trash talk from this post? About the Peanut Butter Kisses being the best team ever, and how we were totally going to win Tag! You're it?
Well, WE DID IT. First across the finish line! Yay team!
It seems geography was totally in our favour. Etta, our super team captain--who should totally get a special prize for getting us singing: Pea-nut, Peanut Butter....kisses--passed her page to Susan Monday evening. Susan must have scrapped before bed and then sent her page to Lisa. Lisa, who lives in OZ (Australia for the one or two people who might not know) then did her page while we here in NA were sleeping. I barely logged on Tuesday morning when I got her page in my inbox. I then spent way too long on my page before sending it to Stephanie in California, where it was still early. Though if you listen to this podcast you'll learn that it probably didn't count as "early" for her. She did her page PDQ and we were in! Wowzers! What an awesome team. It was so fun, and I can't wait to see everyone's pages.
Want a sneak peek? Here's mine:
(I really like my pages better when I photograph them in the window than when I photographed them on the floor)
This is actually the second attempt. Lessons learned on the first page?
- My VersaMagic white ink doesn't really show up if I use it to stamp
- my kid's washable paint does not work for stamping or scrapping AT ALL
- I can't doodle a title and probably should stop trying
- I don't know how to get my computer to print backwards so that I can print out a title and cut out the letters
- my love of letter stickers should be fed and fed so that i have enough when I need them
- the great christmasy brads, etc. that I keep talking myself out of buying? i should go for it. because I really could use more christmasy stuff in my scrap stash.
- being in a "race" gets me panicky and makes me rush, which actually makes things take longer. but it's still fun :)
Anyway, the page eventually worked out, though I may tweak a few things (you can't really see the journalling, can you? i think I'll fix that).
Materials used: cardstock, pens (ZIG and Signo Uniball), patterned paper (SEI), jewels and embroidery floss (Dollar store), eyelets (MM), letter stickers (Doodlebug, ProvoCraft), snowflake punch (Marvy)
You (and I) will have to wait until all the teams cross the finish line to see Lain's original masterpiece and how everyone was inspired by the pages they were passed. It's really awesome. You can always go back and look at the summer TAG! (where is it? um, uh, here, here, and here phew!) results to get a taste of how things work. In the meantime....
We're number one! (just let me savour it a while....)