I saw this meme on Cathy and Ali's blogs (as part of a big giveaway). Being way behind in my reading, I was too late to enter the giveaways, but loved the meme and thought it would be fun to do.
- What is your holiday wish for your family? Joy. Peace. Love. Laughter and wonder and warm snuggles and the kind of stories that are told around the table 20 years from now with a twinkle in the eye and a giggle on the lips.
- What is your Christmas morning tradition? Wait for all the kiddos to get up (and torture them by telling them they can't get up until 7). Photos by the tree and a quick read of Luke 2, then breakfast together. Kids open stockings while mom puts the kitchen back together and the turkey in the oven, then gifts together and the rest of the morning spent lounging in our Christmas pj's (that we opened and put on Christmas Eve) and enjoying our new toys and each other.
- If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? Canon 5D Mark II.
- How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? Time. Curling up together to read holiday-themed books (many kept from my childhood), staying up late to catch a Christmas special on tv (even though we have them on DVD), going out in the snow to play and coming in to hot chocolate....just time together.
- What games did you play with your family growing up? Monopoly, Sweet Valley High (yes, I totally made my brothers play), Go Fish, War, Euchure...we were mostly a card playing family.
- What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Making the family eat breakfast before gifts on Christmas morning, Mom (me!) handing out the gifts one by one to make it last, a big turkey dinner Christmas afternoon....and lots of fun baking and decorating leading up to the big day. I still make a lot of favourites from my own childhood.
- Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip? We live away from "home" so we would go spend Christmas with family. I love our little family traditions but would also love just once to sit to a big table filled with Grandparents and cousins and the whole gang of loved ones.
That was fun! Come back and tell me if you do it too--I'd love to see your answers!